The Guidance and Counseling Unit
- Main responsibility
- Staff numbers (Head and Deputy Head)
- Major goal and target for 2014
- Any available data
- CALENDAR OF MAJOR ACTIVITIES IN 2014
- Major ongoing activities
1. Formulate Guidance & Counselling, HIV & AIDS, and Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health policies, and assist in gender related programme.
2. To ensure the implementation of guidance & Counselling, HIV/AIDS, and Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health policies, and assist in gender related matters.
3. To prepare Guidance and Counselling, HIV & AIDS, and Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive (ASRH) materials for schools and other institutions.
4. To provide in-service training for teacher-counsellors and other core subjects and other institutions.
5. To collaborate with development partners in facilitating information, education and communication(IEC) and attitudinal and behavioural change in schools and other institutions on Government policies and programme pertaining to Guidance & Counselling, HIV & AIDS and ASRH gender issues.
6. To review, monitor and evaluate Guidance and counselling, HIV & AIDS ASRH and gender issues
Maybelle A. Gamanga and staff
To provide important services on Guidance and Counseling, HIV & AIDS and ASRH policies and related services for schools and other institutions.
16 schools from both Magburaka and Bo participated in the school debates; Baseline studies in pending
Baseline studies on the impact of teenage pregnancy on schools,
Debate competitions on ASRH for schools in two townships of Magburaka and Bo with eight schools from each.
Email address: amgamanga@gmail/yahoo.com
Mobile number and other contact details: +232 78 55 11 33/+232 76 61 79 73 /+232 33 54 04 65/+232 78 33 02 56